ARCIA Professional Development Training Series
Thursday 3rd October 2019 – National Wine Centre, Cnr Botanic & Hackney Rds., Adelaide
RF Filtering and transmitter multi-coupling systems
8.30 am – 12.00pm
The workshop aims to provide industry professionals with targeted industry-specific training as it relates to multi-coupling, to enhance their professional learning and development pathways. The workshop will contain theory and practical components.
The workshop will be facilitated by Chris Stevens (SLSA Lifesaving Communications Advisor) and presented by Mark Mezzapica(Chief Technology Officer, RFI Wireless)
12.00pm – 1.00pm
A light lunch will be provided for those attending training sessions
Mapping and GIS fundamentals for Critical Communications;-
1.00pm – 4.30pm
This workshop will explore the fundamentals of GIS and mapping and how it relates to Critical Communications and Radio Management Systems. Participants will explore Geographic Information Systems and Mapping engines, GIS data formats and sources, scale, orientation and mapping projections. The workshop will examine commonly used industry GIS software packages, data availability and cost. It will also provide insights on how to integrate GIS and mapping engines into radio management systems and other critical communication applications. The workshop will explore what opportunity exist to utilise respective state government’s mapping engines and how to integrate them into your mapping systems.
The workshop will be presented by Chris Stevens(CartGIS MD & SLSA Comms advisor) and facilitated by Ian Miller(Executive Officer – ARCIA).
- These are industry accredited training sessions hosted by ARCIA as part of their Professional Development Training series. Attendees will be required to complete a workbook which will be collected at the end of the session for verification of the understanding of the training contents. The workbook will then be returned to the attendee together with a certificate of attendance and completion from ARCIA.
- The venue capacity means we will have limits on the numbers of attendees at all sessions, that includes both training sessions, so please book early – bookings will close on Saturday 28th September 2019. Book here.
- Event costs:
- Training workshops (full day) – $250 plus GST – ARCIA members $200 plus GST
- ARCIA networking dinner (same venue but later in the evening) – $125 plus GST – for table of ten dinner bookings refer to booking website.
- Combined ticket for both training sessions and networking event $300 +GST