Award Categories and Nomination.
Each year, the Annual Industry Gala Dinner publicly recognises excellence through the Industry Excellence awards. All ARCIA members actively involved in the Australian radio communications industry are entitled to nominate and be nominated, provided that the Award criteria is satisfied. Members are invited to nominate.
All awards are sponsored, except the Jonathan Livingstone Seagull award which recognises someone who has contributed to the benefit of the radio community over a long period of time.
Determination of the award is based on specific criteria for each award, which incorporates the following:
Professional Sales Award
- What has this person achieved this year, that you feel makes them the best in our industry?
Percentage of sales target, successful sale into new vertical or large new customer, contribution to winning a successful tender greater than $100,000.
- Open to all sales professionals.
Customer Service Award
- Please provide actual testimonials from your customers to support your nomination or if internal, please provide an example of how this person has improved your business processes / workflow efficiencies etc.
- Open to all customer facing or internal business coordinates.
Technical Excellence Award
- Technicians and technical staff – Describe what actions were taken by this person in solving a complex technical problem.
- Managers – What strategies has this person implemented to ensure your technical resources are able to respond to your customers’ needs today, tomorrow and in the future with properly trained competent people to ensure a professional service to your customers.
- Open to all ARCIA technicians, technical staff and managers.
Engineering Excellence Award
- Describe the solution – how it was designed, and the challenges the design had to overcome, include feedback from the end user.
- Why is this solution the best or most innovative that our industry produced this year.
- Open to all ARCIA design, project and system engineers.
New Talent Award
- What new ideas or practices has this person brought to your organization which makes our industry better?
- Open to all new staff.
Community Service Award
- What contributions has this person made to a charity, or how did they use their radio knowledge skills services to benefit a community service?
- Open to all industry professionals who contribute significantly to a community function or organisation.